Delfin Amazon Cruises is the pioneer upscale river cruise operator in the Amazon and will take you through a magical journey of discovery. Launched in early 2006 by its founder and CEO Aldo Macchiavello, a former senior banker with 25 years experience in the financial sector, the company is the culmination of a dream shared by his wife Lissy: to run a boutique travel business in their amazing country, Peru.
Our new and refurbished Delfin I take you one step beyond luxury, where comfort and grace combine effortlessly with the wilderness of the Amazon in the most unique and personalize vessel ever to cruise the Amazon River. In a setting of understated elegance and world-class hospitality this classic River vessel features 4 spacious deluxe suites, all of them with private terraces and two of them with private whirlpool baths, intimacy and personal attention is the key success to our service.
MV Delphin I : Cruise Ship FACTS
- Type of vessel: river vessel
- Port of embarkation: City of Nauta
- Vessel´s Registry: Perú
- Length: 69 feet
- Beam: 36 feet
- Draft: 5’8’’
- Capacity: 8 passengers
- Cruise ship cabins: 2 Deluxe Suites (360 Sq. Ft. = 34 m²), 2 Master Suites (340 Sq. Ft. = 32 m²) and 1 Tour Conductor cabin
- Generator: Caterpillar 45KW (encapsulated for noise reduction)
- Engine: Cummins 250 HP turbo boosted
- Cruising Speed: Average 8 knots
- Water: Water treatment plant with 5.0 cubic meter capacity
- Radio Communications: VHF, UHF and satellite phone onboard and in-suite internal communications system
- Launch Boats: 2 aluminum 8 passenger launch boats, with radio communications with main vessel.
Dining Room: It is located on the second deck. Dining on the Delfin offers an unrivalled level of sophistication and the luxury of tasting simple and natural products. Peruvian cuisine is considered one of the worlds finest and reflects the country’s cultural diversity, the Amazon wild choice of fresh ingredients and the gentle blend of immigrant traditions have created one of the world´s most unique and delicious cuisine.
Special Request: Delfin Amazon Cruises will accommodate special request and deal with dietary requirements (children, vegetarian, allergic). Because we sail in such remote areas, all requests must be made at least 30 days in advance.
Indoors Shopping: You will enjoy our compromise with the local communities and with the wonderful and special arts & craft we have worked together with them, you will find many unique gift items and merchandizing from the Amazon area.
Open Observation Deck: On the top deck of our vessel, a casually elegant setting creates a welcoming and peaceful environment for those who want to get away from it all. Enjoy luxury and comfort seated on soft, large sofas while seeing the breathtaking sights of the Amazon and brilliant star-gazing at night.